My friend Rebecca has challenged her blog readers to give up something for Lant ( a rename of Lent since she is not Catholic). I've decided to take her challenge and give up meat. Not a huge stretch in the beef category as I gave up eating cute cows many years ago. But chicken and pork are regular sources of protein in my diet, so that will require some adjusting. I'm excited to meet this challenge head on, and I am thinking that after Lant is all said and done, I may just remain a vegetarian. The news stories lately about the abuse at slaughterhouses is enough for me to make a dietary change.
Lant runs from Ash Wednesday, February 6th until Easter, March 23rd. I'm starting today, February 1st.
Friday, February 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yessss! Go Tosha, get your veg on!
I'm feeling a little Catholic Guilt regarding this...I should definitely choose something to give up during Lent. And maybe I could even make it to mass once or twice...oh the guilt!! (not imposed by you - just to be clear :)
Oh and I am impressed that you are giving up all meat!
Post a Comment