1. This week I'm happy because of Drew. He turned 4 on Wednesday. He is sweet, funny, stubborn, smart, sassy, patient, perceptive, coordinated, and most importantly, very healthy. Here he is 4 years ago at Children's Hospital with RSV:
He was so sick, and so fragile for so long. I was already neurotic about germs and cleanliness, but that episode really pushed me over the edge.
And now:

2. Another bright spot this week was Drew's birthday dinner. Drew picked the entire menu: sparkling cider, vegetable sushi, artichokes with butter, (or was it really just about the butter?), and Grandma Pat's meringues which Drew calls "meringue-a-tangs". Hey, the vegetarian in me loved the meal. Happy Birthday Drew-Drew!
3. And finally, I know one of the main reasons I LOVE The Tudors:
Henry Cavill, aka Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk. I can't take my eyes off the screen when he is on. I worry that Charles Brandon will be beheaded, or burned, or boiled alive like others were. Dare I check the history books? No, I'll just hope that Brandon remained Henry VIII's humble and loyal servant.
No comments:
Post a Comment