Saturday, March 21, 2009

A day late...

I didn't get around to posting yesterday. Not enough free time. The boys were home from school due to an inservice day, Thomas had two basketball games, and then we had his team party.

What am I happy about this week??

1. The Huskies continue to dance in the Big Dance. I surprised the boys on Thursday and took them out of school early so they could watch the big game. I loved surprising them. Now, it's T minus 50 minutes and counting until they take on Purdue. Go Dawgs!

2. Our new camera arrived! This is the camera I've been wishing for for nearly a year. Now it's here, and I'm intimidated by it. I have visions of taking beautifully clear candid portraits of the boys. But true to form, I feel the need to read the instruction manual before I begin. I just need to go against my normal ways and jump in and start shooting.

3. I had the realization this week that my former least favorite time of the day is now not so bad. Ever since I had children, the time from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm had the potential to be dreadful. That was the time of day when each boy, as an infant, experienced the "5 o'clock Fussies"...crabbiness and irritability. Couple this with keeping the older brother(s) happy and entertained, and I dreaded that part of the day. Oh, don't forget figuring out dinner and making it. As the boys got older, the neediness of the baby mellowed, but I still felt like I was counting the minutes until Scott walked through the door. Then, this week, I realized that this time of the day is not so bad. Everyone is home from school, and happy to be. We eat snack, talk about the day, work on homework together, and then they play. I'm able to fix dinner while listening to some tunes and sipping on my wine. It's actually a very nice time of the day. A happy realization indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.